PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantaslink PH base closes. AD opens
View Single Post
Old 5th Dec 2014, 21:44
Josh Cox

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CaptainInsaneO,

I believe Soup Nazi et al are correct, let me put it this way (IMHO):

Cairns: Everyone below the most senior Q300 Captain will be reshuffled ( read: in strict seniority / reverse seniority [as applicable], potential promotions, demotions, re-fleeting and forced base changes ).

"Plus"

Brisbane: everyone below the most senior Q300 Captain who no longer has a line of flying will be re-shuffled ( read: in strict seniority / reverse seniority [as applicable], potential promotions, demotions, re-fleeting and forced base changes ).

So if you are below either of those two points on the seniority list you need to be flexible.

For example: I am 114 on the Sunstate list, presently a Q300 Captain in Cairns, I am well below the most senior Q300 Captain, so I could be demoted, forced to another base etc etc, but not before any Pilot below me on the seniority list. There is also the potential of me dislodging someone in Cairns presently on the Q400, be it Captain or FO who is below me, saying this brings me no joy, but that is the system.

I am pretty sure you can be dislodged from your current position if you are below those pilots, that is why everyone needs to fill out a bid form and EOI.

If you are above those two points on the seniority list, I believe the bidding process in normal.

Happy to be proven wrong on any of the above.