PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - COPA Airlines interviews
View Single Post
Old 5th Dec 2014, 21:33
samca

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I had an ATPL JAA licence and I had to convert first to Panamenian CPL and after that to Panamenian ATPL. You can not convert directly to ATPL. you know, money money money money...!, the CPL exam in a Seneca and the ATPL in a C172... Sooo you can imagine my friend!

And yes you can be hired even if you don't speak Spanish but Spanish speakers take advantage. The problem COPA find is a poor basic aeronautical acknowledge of the southamericans pilots, and Panamenian pilots standards are very low (specially with 200 hours) so a JAA licence + 1000 hours here is a "warranty" that you as pilot are prepared for recieving a type rating and Should not have problems during your loooooong training until your line check, thats the reason why the company still calling so many Spanish pilots with JAA licence and some experience.

From my point of view and just in my humble opinion, in America most of pilots get their licences very Easy, It is far away of the exams system and preparation of European pilots. If you see the flights schools in América when you come from Europe you think It must be a joke that pilots can be trainer there.

Last edited by samca; 5th Dec 2014 at 21:44.