PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - OP 'TIL WE DROP
Thread: OP 'TIL WE DROP
View Single Post
Old 5th Dec 2014, 20:00
Uncle Ginsters

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It's clear from some of the posts above how fast things have changed over the last decade, leaving many quite simply out of touch with today's Airman.

To me, this whole post smacks of two issues:

1. Cumulative and Chronic Fatigue - the GR Force is one of several that have been disproportionately deployed over the last decade (since Harrier left HERRICK, really). This letter is more about the rest of the load on that "Camel's Back" than this particular straw; when a force is chronically fatigued, it's the small things, predominantly feeling looked after, that matter.

2. Whilst several have criticised the middle management, I think this shows exactly how financial constraints eat into Mission Command - even at our main base, the Auth for biscuits for a visiting MP sits at 1* level Middle management is also working hard and EngOs, I'm sure, have little time to sort out support functions that should be a 'given'. Especially when you have to write a full business case to get even a pack of pencils these days. The issue here is the general lack of Op focus in our self-licking lollipop support trades...

This is long-term and these guys are on a MOB not a FOB...support them or lose them, simples.

Last edited by Uncle Ginsters; 5th Dec 2014 at 20:56.