PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Aircraft Leasing Serivices and National Airways Corporation
Old 5th Dec 2014, 19:59
ExpressFO

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CentreofExcellence,

Didn't mean to imply doom and gloom. Just figured you were giving me a heads up that conditions in Nigeria may be less than ideal. But thank you for the follow-up and clarification. Good to know that you found Nigeria interesting and more so quality people there too.

I haven't traveled extensively in Africa but have been to Zimbabwe and South Africa briefly. Blackouts, no running water, riding in packed buses and sleeping under a bed net don't bother me, to a point, and aren't necessarily deal breakers. Having a bad security situation (or a bad work schedule) that prevents me from meeting new people and seeing new places would probably be a deal breaker.

I had planned on finding out what I could about Nigeria through forums, such as this, other news articles and online data. Talk to a few people who have flown there and maybe even visit and have a look myself like I did in South Africa and UAE earlier this year.

Appreciate the follow-up, hopefully it will help round out my view on Nigeria. Hate to ask as you have already given me a good bit to chew on, but if you have any recommended reading on Africa, outside of this forum, aviation related or otherwise, feel free to pass it on. Thanks