PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - "Pilotless airliners safer" - London Times article
Old 5th Dec 2014, 14:23
Pininstauld

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
oh dear

To the folks who see trolls behind every comment they disagree with, stop posting ad hominem and address the issues. FYI, I have +10k hours, am a qualified TRI on the A320 family and now teach conversion courses. The point I made about ECAM is valid, because most of the time ECAM has already closed a valve, opened a contactor, isolated a faulty component, etc. and the pilot is just changing a FAULT caption to an OFF caption when she follows the drill. No one is arguing that ECAM is perfect - that's why the QRH is still so thick - but that doesn't alter the original design goals: to use automation as much as possible to reduce workload and minimise human errors. We are on a journey and the end of our journey is fully automated passenger flights. Not saying I like it any more than anyone else. Just making obvious comments on a very sensitive issue. If that's trolling to some, well - just thanks for your honesty.