PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - "Pilotless airliners safer" - London Times article
Old 5th Dec 2014, 09:37
Landflap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Parabellum, of course you are right, all the professional pilots on this forum will agree and so will the non-pilots who do not have a commercial agenda. I like the troll bit too as many bit the bullet and have waded in, much to the delight, no doubt, of the envious poor souls out there who would love a leather jacket and big watch !

Sunning myself with an old mate who told me of the glory days when we would allow pax visits to the Flight Deck. One guest was a train driver who suddenly remarked, out of the blue, that he felt my colleague was not worth the money he was getting as he appeared to be "not doin nuffink!". Skipper replied, "Well, Driver West, at the moment we are around 5 miles above the planet earth", 'Yeah ?', replied West, in quizzical fashion, "and", continued Commander," we are doing, about, eight miles a minute," ' Yeah ?', replied West, in quizzical fashion, "and" continued Boss, "if anything fails, we can't stop !". West went ashen-faced, bleated 'F..K !!' and scurried back into the cabin.

We are talking about Air Transport here with all the regulation it requires. Of course the paying public will never stump up the cash to set foot in a pilotless, public transport aircraft. The very notion beggars belief. I agree with Parabellum as I , also stated in previous posts, It aint gonna happen.