PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SHANNON
Thread: SHANNON
View Single Post
Old 4th Dec 2014, 22:13
Runway_approach

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ya appreciate the promo fares but fares still cheap outside of the promotion - I meant mainland European access as knock has a lanzarote through winter also im delighted for shannon I use it regularly and great to see the turnaround there but like all regional airports too reliant on ryanair but at same time they the only show in town for UK and European growth

Aer Ryan appreciate your comments I'm not in anyway contradicting myself I'm clear throughout I never said knock routes do better than shannon it's actually you who is saying that ryanair should be moving knock routes to shannon with no basis - for what it's worth given the west of Ireland diaspora in the UK I actually think the likes of Liverpool (cancelled in shannon) and Birmingham are stronger routes from knock than shannon but that's about it - shannon has stronger business market certainly - bucket and spade routes much of a muchness - why wouldn't most of the 1m knock catchment use knock out of interest if flights available - obviously where not they go to Dublin - knock is a seasonal airport but most regional airports largely are! Good debate though enjoyed it! That's why I love air travel!

Last edited by Runway_approach; 4th Dec 2014 at 22:23. Reason: More text