PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Resettlement in Bournemouth?
View Single Post
Old 4th Dec 2014, 21:16
mopardave

Received 42 Likes on 19 Posts
Once again, in an attempt to insert some facts into an emotive discussion, if we take these figures as correct (yes, I know its wiki, but I doubt this page has been subverted by someone):

Salaries of Members of the United Kingdom Parliament - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

It would appear that MPs did indeed get a 26% pay rise,as stated by mopardave, albeit in 1996. However, between 2006 (before the recession started) and 2014, a period of 8 years, their salary went up by 12%, an average of around 1.5% a year.

Biggus is offline Report Post
Quite right Biggus.........I'll give you that. But let's not forget, they do very well out of their allowances and expenses......not to mention directorships/consultation fees......sometimes involving conflicts of interest. They didn't even have to provide receipts in some cases, for heavens sake! And yes BV, they should have a good wage........but dear god.......some of them are a disgrace, and certainly do not set much of an example to the rest of us, especially under present circumstances. And don't get me started on some of the peers........fiddle your expenses.......serve a prison sentence and then take your seat in the house of lords.....I'd get sacked for the slightest financial transgression as I'm sure you would be too. Sorry gents........our political system and many of its "beneficiaries" are nothing to be proud of.........unlike the young men and women who put their lives on the line!