PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Offical: Status of Nats Recruitment
View Single Post
Old 29th May 2003, 00:25
weselfluren

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Communication

This news is even more galling (well done to dannyo though), as I only just missed out, having my 2nd interview and "near miss" in late february If only I'd read up on my approach procedures that bit more then I'd be starting in Oct 2004.........

Having to wait until Oct. 2003 to just find out what is actually happening from HR (once they've stopped fighting for the best office/workspace) is getting beyond a joke. Maybe I'm just unlucky, maybe being an ATC is not meant for me, but I do admit with my hand on heart that if the option had been there, then I'd rather work for Nats (and put something back into the uk) than Eurocontrol. Having investigated the latter option a little more thouroughly, not only will the beer be better, the climate nicer, won't have to live outside Heathrow/Southampton (so overall, a nicer lifestyle) and to top it off I'll probably be starting (if successful - I'm not tempting fate!) earlier than I would have if Nats had accepted me in February. The nice reply from Eurocontrol (they've figured out how to email) stated that selection happens on a bi-monthly basis and if succesful, could be moving to Luxemburg by January. The girlfriend, goldfish and even the mortgage are excited about the possibility of Maastricht - as they know it's more likely to happen prior to the onset of old age!

Good luck to all who tread the path to ATC in the UK & I hope you can take a lot more cr@p from Nats than I could!