PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jet2 Autumn 2014
View Single Post
Old 4th Dec 2014, 16:31
Aluminium shuffler

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
16024, are you suggesting you know what each and every pilot in RYR earns and what their tax liabilities are to be able to determine my gross and net pay? Unfortunately, you are wrong. I wish you weren't, but you are, to the tune of about £15k. Oh, and by the way, I'm on PAYE, so no, I'm not a tax evader. Nor do I get any training relief - I was never a RYR cadet. There are some people in RYR who earn a reasonable wage, not as much as the managers and PR folk state, but enough that wages are not one of our personal issues. The company has a multitude of different contracts and pay scales, and most bases don't know what each others' deals are, so don't assume you know just because of what you read or heard about a few bases. It's an illustration of how they divide and conquer and a part of why I want to leave - not because of what I earn, but because how badly paid and treated many colleagues on different deals are. I'd like to see everyone find a better job and leave them high and dry. So, while I appreciate that for many RYR pilots it'd probably give a pay rise, it doesn't for me.