PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The greatest ever pilot.
View Single Post
Old 4th Dec 2014, 16:00
blind pew

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts
Shaggy.....Fraid so although a few mix ups as had a call from my pilot mate with the clocking...said he clocked the car the first time and it was someone else who got the trading standards involved...but he reminded me that he nearly got banned from British Car Auctions for bidding up his own car at a time when auction ringing became a criminal offence..his other stories were far more "naughty" including the near loss of a Boeing but I can't tell many tales because it would identify him.....
A couple of months ago I was at Airbus...when a guy walked up and said You count Ace..."man land 12 ft" ..I got a C because of you...(route or sim check)
He joined the Trident a couple of years after me and I was P3 on his check...
On a coupled approach final it was P3's job to check the state of the auto land system...doll's eyes etc...and determine system capability...Man(ual) land lowest height was 200ft (cat 1) whereas "Auto" could be anything between 200ft and 12ft....so MAN LAND 12ft was impossible but he didn't twig...
We pushed some of the skippers too far ....but seemed fun at the time and so he got a C ...satisfactory...which is what we were paid for...
Guy now a TRE....he recounted yet another story about the above clocker...trees...a school...and the police....happy days
Have a blog as well...

Last edited by blind pew; 4th Dec 2014 at 16:02. Reason: Grammar of course