PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - So about EK...
Thread: So about EK...
View Single Post
Old 4th Dec 2014, 10:55
BYMONEK

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Transitcheck

I think the training department has come on a long way in the last 7 years and is constantly improving. It takes time to change a culture within a Company but I think MM has done a good job within the 'other' cultural constraints. 2 trainers from the 330 and 7 from the Boeing have been asked to leave within the last 12 months due to performance issues. 10 years ago, nobody would report a trainer for poor performance or grading, now they're more likely to.

I have had 3 bad experiences in almost 12 years, two of which I followed up on. One of the guys was an arse and has a reputation but I argued my case. I Passed but I had the confidence and knowledge to do so. There are still some arses, no denying, and one in particular in the Boeing office doing all the dirty work for someone above him who may or may not decide to come to work each day, depending on the mood he's in.

However, the great majority of trainers are good and getting better, although we have lost some talent due to overwork. Unfortunately, there are still a number of pilots who expect to be spoon fed and simply don't prepare or try to second guess every sim cheek by reading the 'Examiner Only' notes in great detail. That's probably why more have failed on this phase than previous.