PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ANALYSIS: Miltary faces 'perfect storm' of budget vs need
Old 4th Dec 2014, 07:25
The Old Fat One

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Um, I fail to see why less income tax was unexpected. The Government was fully aware, as was everybody else, that low wage jobs were the ones being created. This is logical rubbish, nevermind evidently dumb policy.
you are totally tight mate, but I think bilge like this is fed to the public, because they (we) buy it. You don't have to look to far to find all manner of economists, businessmen and even journos predicting back in 2008, that in 2015 we would be right where we are.

But just how much more money will be thrown into the black hole of NHS incompetence?
As much as is needed to keep the government of the day in power. No offence Beags, but it's a pointless rhetorical question. Spending on defence is only a priority when there is a proper (hot) war on. We all know that, it was ever thus.

The military folk I know are clever, astute people...they need to adjust to the realities of the world we live in and make their career choices accordingly...based on the needs of themselves and their families.