PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Norwegian lays off 60 pilots
View Single Post
Old 4th Dec 2014, 06:07
LNIDA

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Captainplaystation

I understand your cynicism & doubtless there will be more cock ups ahead, of the two main contractors Arpi & Confair the latter never really committed to tidying up its act as required by NAS, the first and only time Confair deducted income tax at source was November 2014 payroll, so something had to change. OSM's first communication had the polish and pre thought of a turd, it was just let go....

The 60 layoffs now much reduced in scope was in part down to a Spanish ticketing issue, more accurately Norwegian were ready this winter to go with mainland flights to the Canaries, until someone asked how they were going to deal with the residents 50% ticket discount between the Islands and mainland, the good people of Noggy land were apparently unaware of it!!!! if you doubt it ask your self where most of the new pilots (60) were based??

Icarus never got off the ground, never mind too near the Sun, although i do like the line of "overcome by the giddiness that flying lent him" sounds like a pay to fly scheme!! mind you spending more than a week on Crete and I would be flapping my arms in the vain hope of getting away from there.