PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - So about EK...
Thread: So about EK...
View Single Post
Old 3rd Dec 2014, 17:53
CamelRustler

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It's a crap shoot.

I honestly believe if EK could roster everyone 8 days off a month they would. The new bidding system will allow them greater flexibility in rostering and eliminate any wastage on their part, i.e. if the company goal is 90 hours you won't get 87.3 hours you will get 89.7 hours.

The issue with renting is this. For those of us that were here 8 years ago rents doubled every year. The landlords were not allowed to raise your rent more than 10% a year. So the landlords kicked you out half way through your lease, then rented to someone else at a much higher rate. People were moving every 6-8 months. It is happening again to a lesser degree but you could get caught in the cycle of moving twice a year and trying to find a new place. It's lots of fun. I moved 4 times my first two years here.
Also remember eight days off is 50% fewer than you get now. 1 day off 5 days on 1 day off 7 days on 2 days off 5 days on 1 day off 4 days on 2 days off 3 days on. That's what 8 days off looks like here. Half of those 8 days are single days. I have gone 13 days with one day off 4 times this year. It is flat out brutal. I wish you luck in wherever you choose to go. I would explore all your options.