PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jet2 Autumn 2014
View Single Post
Old 3rd Dec 2014, 16:58
Aluminium shuffler

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have to say I was impressed with the attitudes displayed at the sim/selection day, and from the conversations I've had with those crew members I have met, their morale is certainly higher than in some o the other competitors mentioned. I was quite disappointed to have to decline the job offer because once I could work out the total pay, which had to be based on a few assumptions because they were a little coy, it became apparent I couldn't afford both the pay cut and the costs of digs in the base offered. They responded to my declining the offer with good grace, too, which is more that I expect from many employers. I think if you want to live in the north, you could probably do a lot worse than Jet2. I can't say what their roster is like in real life, but while I'm sure that they're tiring, please don't think the 5/4 RYR offer is any less so - the RYR pilots hit 100 hrs every month in summer on mostly 4 sector rather than 2 sector days, so the same number of flight hours but more turnarounds and more time in the crew room and commuting to and from work. Swings and roundabouts, guys - it was doing longer two sector days that was one of the appeals to me, though some might consider that a negative. Horses for courses and all that, but just because it doesn't suit you, it doesn't make the company a bad employer. If nothing changes, I would consider them again in the future when my personal costs and responsibilities change.

Last edited by Aluminium shuffler; 3rd Dec 2014 at 19:12.