PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - So about EK...
Thread: So about EK...
View Single Post
Old 3rd Dec 2014, 16:44
fightthepower

So about EK...

Ladies and gentlemen, I have read most of the existing threads about Emirates here and I feel very up to date on recruitment procedure. However the info on roster, pay and accomodation gets old very quickly. I don't want this post to drown in the big EK thread, so I would like to ask a few questions here if you don't mind. I realise there probably is no certain answer to most questions but would really appreciate your thoughts.

I am in my mid twenties with just over 3000 hours on B737. No family to support.

People obviously not happy with Meydan accom, i checked around and figured that the allowance will get me a decent flat around the Marina. Are the rent hikes so bad that the allowance won't be enough in a few years?

Is 777 fleet going to become the "new" 330 fleet? IE night turns in the region and 8 days off a month, because I wouldn't want to leave my current job for that. However a nice mix of flying and 15 days off a month I could really do with.

Is the financial package really that bad? The salary posted on the website (~29000 AED) doesn't sound so bad, given all bills are paid. Am I missing something obvious here?

Time to command estimates are hard, but is it going to be over 7 years?

Most importantly, are your colleagues nice people to fly with in general?