PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - TALKTALK's reputation in tatters
View Single Post
Old 3rd Dec 2014, 12:12
spekesoftly

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
About ten years ago I signed up to Pipex broadband, and I was automatically changed to TalkTalk after the take-over about three years ago. I hope I don't regret saying that during all this time problems have been very few and far between. I do sometimes consider an alternative ISP, especially after reading threads like this one, but it's difficult to justify when the internet just works! Since FTTC recently became available in our area, I've also considered upgrading to fibre, either with TT or another ISP, but it's difficult to accept the increased cost (which I could comfortably afford) when the existing ADSL speeds are still more than adequate for our modest needs. Another prompt was a recent notification from TT that my monthly payment is about to increase from about £15 to £20 per month, and I winced at a 33% increase. However, it is still some £3 a month less than when I first started with Pipex about a decade ago. My package was, and still is, totally unlimited.

Another drawback to changing ISP is that the majority seem to insist that you also change your landline to them. I don't wish to do this because I'm quite satisfied with my exisiting BT telephone package. Sorry if all this goes against the flow, but I can only report as I find.

I do hope that PPRuNe Pop's problems are sorted soon, and just for comparison my TT emails have not so far been affected.