PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flashair Airlines Boeing 737 accident - a lesson from the past.
Old 2nd Dec 2014, 20:53
Jabawocky

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I don't fly jets….point 1.

I have to agree with bloggs, but don't tell him his head might swell if he feels a fan club starting up.

Add to that some real flying in a suitable GA machine just to keep it real from time to time.

I have spent a fair bit of time learning all I can from Chimbu Chuckles and if you read his stories here on pprune, raw grass roots flying and attempting to make jaba sick (so far failed but come close) keeps his stick and rudder skills at their peak.

I am sure if presented with a real UA in his transport jet he would have no issue in recovery and not even raise a sweat. Why? because it is a non event due to lots of sim and real world practise. (please do not take 'non event' too literally).

My next renewal will be a full day booked as I want a heap of UA and all manner of things to do in addition to just flying approaches and ticking the boxes. Why? Because I subscribe to the Bloggs theory above. And it is a good challenge/fun .