PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Hours accreditation for Helicopter flying to EASA ATPL(A)
Old 2nd Dec 2014, 20:28
amb_211085

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hours accreditation for Helicopter flying to EASA ATPL(A)

I'm in a bit of a black hole, or so it seems. I have just under 1000 hours flying helicopters in the military (UK) and am considering leaving to fly in the civil world. I'm trying to work out what hours I can and can't count towards the constituent Part-FCL's en-route to an ATPL(A).

As I understand it, as a QMP(H), with a little bit of flying in a C152 (eg) and then a skills test I can apply for a PPL(A) under the CAA MAS, without need to sit the ground exams. Is this correct?

It then gets fuzzy and I could do with some help clarifying the situation. The rules for an ATPL(A) state that I can count 50% of my helicopter licence hours towards the licence. I need to check, but assume this is the same for a CPL(A). However, I do not want to obtain an ATPL(H) in order to transfer these hours. Is it possible to transfer this experience or am I going to have to suck it up and pay for the full course of training?