PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MANCHESTER 1
Thread: MANCHESTER 1
View Single Post
Old 2nd Dec 2014, 18:51
MANFOD

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Some of us have been concerned for some time about MAN'a capacity issues at peak periods, notably mornings, for terminals, taxiways and stands. I realise the airport can't build plenty of suplus stands on the off chance they get a few diversions, but the present 'No divs except emergencies' notam surely indicated there is an issue.

It is also strange if the current infrastructure plans are continually changing as others have suggested. Refined, yes, but from reports on here, it appears there has been some drastic rethinking. I gather that T2 is first for expansion but I'm still not clear what the plans are for T3 - to be extended, demolished or what?

Regarding Ryanair, I recall MOL commenting when the airline returned to MAN, that they would expand as fast as MAN wanted them to. I don't think Easyjet have been constrained at LGW with what 60 plus based a/c so it's unfortunate if RYR really did want to base 10 a/c here next summer and were told it wasn't possible. Mind you, an increase from 6 to the rumoured 8 would be very acceptable if MAN can manage that!