PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - TALKTALK's reputation in tatters
View Single Post
Old 2nd Dec 2014, 09:11
barry lloyd

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
About a year ago, I moved onto a new house for which a postcode had not yet been allocated. I had been a TalkTalk customer for seven years. I rang them and explained what was happening. Their Indian call centre could not understand the concept of not having a postcode, so it was a difficult conversation, but they agreed they could sort things out. Long story short, they didn't. I could get no sense out of their so-called customer support team (they did not answer my recorded delivery letters), so I contacted the Ombudsman. They eventually agreed a resolution and advised me. Three months later and I've heard nothing from anyone, so I contacted my MP. Again, long story short, TalkTalk had sent the cheque to the wrong address and it had been sent back, but they didn't bother contacting the Ombudsman, but all this only came to light after the MP intervened. The whole situation took nine months to resolve.

PPRuNe Pop: I invoiced them for the money I spent ringing their 0800 numbers from my mobile phone and they paid up - eventually! It might be worth calling the Ombudsman.