PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Why this Gobbledegook ?
View Single Post
Old 2nd Dec 2014, 07:13
ExSp33db1rd

Received 20 Likes on 12 Posts
Superpilot - Our ISP is our local Telecom, State owned until they sold it off a few years ago, and they got themselves mixed up with Yahoo! a few years ago, too. So our Webmail is from Yahoo!, Mrs. ExS tends to use the desktop and only bother with webmail, which arrived as shown, I read my e-mails over the cornflakes on the iPad, with the same result, then went to the laptop and opened that, downloaded the daily crap onto Outlook from Yahoo!, ditched 90% of it then read the subject e-mail without difficulty.

The Desktop uses Internet Explorer, with Win. 7, the laptop Firefox with Win. H'eight and the iPad Safari and whatever OS Apple use. (IOS 7 I think, I haven't upgraded to the latest, IOS 8 ? )

I'd sent it via Outlook, albeit with a Picasa edited photograph, and it came back via our Yahoo! webmail from a department of the local Council, using their own Domain, which is @XXXX.co.nz. The photo was not sent back.

No Chinese, Japanese, Serbo-Croat were aroused during this transaction.

The previous example, to a personal friend, came back from him unreadable via Gmail.

I agree that it looks as if the desktop and the iPad were unable to un-crypt the message, but as all our devices are more or less used "out of the box" i.e. I haven't the knowledge to seriously muck about with them, why are two out of three out of step ? Nothing to do with me, M'Lud.

Whereas I can see that the local Council may well want to make their e-mails unreadable - subsequently claiming that "I had been advised" so what was I bitching about - the previous e-mail came from a friend up the road, who has no such aspirations.

Curiouser and curiouser, said Alice.