PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Barnstorming, Aero's , Mile High Club, Zero G, Cessna
Old 1st Dec 2014, 10:40
Fionn101

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
@shaggysheepdriver - thank you very much. I do recall a pilot on the private forums talking about driving a twin around with such a setup and after a bit of a search I found Flamingo air who do such flights.
The owner , a gentleman by the name of Capt Muller has agreed to answer any questions I might have.
So can I safely put that idea to bed (sorry couldn't resist) and get all the operational info from him.

now to answer some of the other comments before we continue :

@Step Turn - thanks, as I kinda expected , I will keep the aerobatic experience flight to one person per flight. it would have been nice to fill the aircraft. I seem to remember Bob Hoover barrel rolling with a vehicle full of Generals (I saw the video!).

@shaggysheep - I never forgot my tour of Concorde onboard the Intrepid in NYC. such a beautiful design in so many ways.

@thing - feic ! , how could I forget the tv & film aspects of Ireland.
There is the famous Craggy island house and of course Game of Thrones is filmed here. But how recognisable this is from the air I am unsure.

@AN2 - thanks for the tip off , it helped with google search

@ChuckEllsworth - I admire your cost saving thinking Sir.

@Foxmoth - thank you for the name, I am looking at Goodwoods site and this is right up my street. a mix of aviation and stay packages , aerobatic experience flights and I am absolutely going to try get into a Spitfire at some stage in life. Tiger moth first though !

@chickenhouse - I seem to recall this pilot was attempting to join the mile high club as pilot in command, and therein lies the male multitask problem.

I was thinking of a suitable pilot up front, a simple curtain and engine drone to muffle the occupants in back.

@marymeagher - As the non flying passenger my attention shall be focused entirely in the enjoyable direction.

Fellow aviators, thanks for taking the time to give your input, the question still remains: what sort of tours can a flying school perform other than teach ?

Moderators - thanks for allowing this thread to continue , any of the successful ideas will be put forward at the next company meeting.

Safe Flying,
Fionn