PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Spanish Aircraft down in Turkey?
View Single Post
Old 28th May 2003, 16:39
AEROVISION

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Saw on television last night that the remains/bodies of the crash victims were being flown back to Spain by Spanish Airforce C130.
When they were all dead, and only then, there was money available to deploy the C130. When they were all alive, there was no budget. So sad and how bizar.
I am with Jungly here, you have to have experienced it to believe it.

On a more technical note,
Trabzon has RWY 11-29 with an ILS/DME 1 on RWY 11.
The entire ILS approach is over water, glide intercept at 3000'
When you have to go missed you climb left turn (over the sea) to 3500' via TBN VOR R-030. Then, either follow the published procedure or go by ATC instructions. The procedure sets you up to intercept the ILS again at DME 9. (VOR/DME is on the field.)
Now, I don't now where the crash site is other then it is on a mountain side and if they hit a mountain then they were at a position where they should not have been in the first place.

I make three assumptions here.
1. They did the ILS/DME 1 RWY 11
2. After they missed, ATC did not vector them towards hazardous raising terrain.
3. As there was heavy fog, they did not do the approach on RWY 29. That would be pointless re. minimums.

Does somebody know where the crash site is exactly? If so let me know and we can have another look at it.
Anyway, the FDR and CVR will tell the tale.

regards
A.V.