PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flight deck positions at FlyDubai Master Thread - Merged
Old 1st Dec 2014, 06:23
High Energy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Welcome first of all!

(this is what I had a few years back, so likely it has changes a bit)
1. Training facilities are at CAE Emirates. (Garhoud, oposite Irish Village and NOT at Silicon Oasis)
There are a few instances where you are required to show at HQ or Flydubai training facility at Dubai Airport Freezone. Those are mostly towards the end and the bulk of your time is spend at CAE Emirates Garhoud.

2. You will most likely be put up at Holiday Inn express or Premier Inn near Terminal 3. They are ok and good access to metro and close to the training facility and Terminal 3 itself. After the initial 4 weeks you'll have to get something for yourself. There are many options. Extending your stay where you are. You'll get the Flydubai rate and I believe it's within the housing allowance. Or get are a cheap hotel/appartment (check Deira region) or share a villa with a few guys. Note that sharing with someone you are not married to is illegal. However if the landlord allows you to share he is at fault too so you can twist his arm if he threatens with whatever.

3. Taxi's are cheap and since you are very close to the metro you can take that to CAE or into town/malls. There is a stop close to CAE Garhoud. For a cheap and chearfull rental car we get Flydubai discount at Dollar Rent-a-Car Terminal 2.
One month for roughly 1300-1500 AED. I've used them many times, even nowadays.

When you arrive, as soon as you can, get a mobile phone. You'll need your passport with a VISA stamped into it for a contract and something else I can't remember. I got a cheap pay as you go and still use it.

Last edited by High Energy; 1st Dec 2014 at 11:29. Reason: weeks iso months. lol