PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Merged: Senate Inquiry
View Single Post
Old 30th Nov 2014, 20:15
Sunfish

Received 90 Likes on 33 Posts
Kharon:

I know there are some very bright ATCO and that there is a strong 'bond' of association. Have ATCO's considered building their very own by-pass. Heffernan shows the way, there is a very good, highly qualified board, led by Houston who are, according to Heff, is being kept in the dark and under utilised. Heffernan and Sterle lead a committee which is begging for a concise, warts and all report.
My Father taught me that it is axiomatic in institutions that you can bypass One level of incompetence and bad management, but not Two.

To put that another way; If your bosses boss is also an arsehole you have no recourse.

In the case of Airservices, CASA and the ATSB the "bosses boss" is Mr Mrdak and his Department, not the various Boards, they are mere window dressing. It is also clear that Mr. Mrdak does not want trouble from any of the above organisations and that the Federal Government views aviation issues as requiring the same level of attention as prisons - there are no votes in Aviation at present.

I say " at present" because I have reached the conclusion that the only possibility of reform will require the creation of a minor party - the aviation enthusiasts party, that has a mission of affecting the Senate numbers, most probably by standing candidates and doing cross party deals.

To put that another way, unless Aviators can threaten the major parties with the potential loss of a marginal Senate seat, you are wasting your time.

Boycott the lot of them. Talking to them only gives them an excuse to say they "consulted".