PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantaslink PH base closes. AD opens
View Single Post
Old 30th Nov 2014, 20:10
Fuel-Off

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Threewheeler,

A communique was sent out the very next morning from the Feds outlining the lack of information they received from the Company. To those who can't seem to get it - THEY DID NOT KNOW UNTIL THAT MORNING OF THE ANNOUNCEMENT!!

(Sorry for the caps lock). I swear, for a bunch of 'intelligent' people in the roles that you guys perform, some are just outright dumb. The Union has suggested a few things regarding the EOI - I suggest you read that communique.

What would you have the Union do? Jump into hysterics, announcing the sky is falling and we're all ruined? Or a calm, collected approach (I know SSA reps have adopted this approach - and good on 'em ). The Union CAN'T say anything with any clarity about the potential redundancies until the results of the EOI come out which is apparently the 15th Dec.

As Deafstar has already said, swings and roundabouts; ebb and flow - such is the nature of this beast, and we'll never quell it. I've been made redundant before - and it sucks, but we all get up, dust ourselves off, and carry on forward.

...and no, I'm not a Union Rep, just a member.

Fuel-Off