PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - TALKTALK's reputation in tatters
View Single Post
Old 30th Nov 2014, 19:29
mixture

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Having been in telecoms most of my life, and most of that competing with BT I think some of the views on here about hem are a bit extreme.
Well, either you were extremely fortunate, have not really done that much business with BT, are wearing rose tinted spectacles, or otherwise you had some office minions dealing with BT.

I've had *A LOT* of dealings with all corners of BT, I know others who have had *A LOT* of dealings with BT, I know lawyers who have had *A LOT* of dealings with BT .....and the stories from all corners are the same !

Appalling post-sales support (I've just finally got BT to resolve a *VERY* simple line issue after 4 months of ping-pong), loss of about 80% of porting requests, unintelligible processes and the inability to produce a credit note are amongst the many issues with BT....

There is very little good to be said about BT.

Also unless you are a Virgin customer all ‘last mile’ network belongs to BT anyway
Yes, but the point is that 99% of the time, the problem is not on the physical copper !

Hence the need to have either (preferably) a decent LLU provider such as Easynet, or otherwise a BT Wholesale based provider such as Zen who won't take bull**** from BT.