PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Dubai ATC
Thread: Dubai ATC
View Single Post
Old 30th Nov 2014, 13:59
TheFalcon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
KVOK, I have been here quite a while and I can tell you that things have never been this bad. Let me list you a few things:

1) The "international fast growing TMA" which you mention is an absolute shambles. You go to work each day and pray God almighty if he is around watching this forsaken place that you don't f*%k up because the procedures are so bad that you are alone and the last resort to prevent a serious cock up. I will not mention the frikkin morons flying into this place.

2) The shortage of people means you go to a nightshift (or any shift for that matter) with minimum breaks. You go home after each shift (some shifts your are lucky and you get decent breaks) completely drained and stressed out. If you think I'm exaggerating come see the sick leave days taken.

3) Since 2008 we have doubled the amount of traffic and the salaries have stayed the same (OK a measly 1% increase each year). You will still make a decent living but compared to salaries back home it's not worth the hassle anymore.

4) The management is there to make sure that the contract runs and the promises to increase capacity are delivered at all costs. The rest (including staff welfare) is immaterial and has been aptly demonstrated to us by the Serco Middle east CEO.

There is more of course which is why I am seriously telling you to have an escape plan. A lot(big majority) of people want to leave here right now and cannot because of children, lack of opportunities back home etc. SERCO is a sinking ship you just need to look at what is happening to its shares to get a general idea. Of course if you come from a third country where you are actually whipped to work then this might seem trivial.

Cheers!