PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Where is the Leadership from CX?
View Single Post
Old 30th Nov 2014, 11:17
CokeZero

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Where is the Leadership from CX?

I have been watching for quite some time now and it seems to me that CX is without a true leader.

When Ivan Chu took over from John Slosar back in August 2013 after 3 years of undistinguished growth (According to Centre of Aviation news article, Cathay Pacific's incoming CEO Ivan Chu faces important strategic decisions, some urgent | CAPA - Centre for Aviation) I expected to see him leading from the front with new ideas and innovations to put Cathay back at the top of Aviation Industry, however....

I keep reading the weekly updates and I hardly see Ivan make any comments or give a weekly update. I mean - aside from maybe one or two updates since he took over(and his damn funny Re-Branding) he hasn't really been leading the company has he? Where is he? At least John Slosar was more visible... Ivan..... Ivan who?

This makes me think that we are lacking someone who can lead from the front and make the decisions that need to be made. We are in a difficult period at CX, many crisis points need a firm hand to plot our future course within the aviation industry but we are Leader-less....

Everyone is looking for Leadership from the top and the top management is very quiet. Cathay is quietly falling behind in so many areas it's a wonder we even get some of the awards that we have received.

Where do we go from here? And where is Ivan?