PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Sen X, YMML Runways, and now YBBN?
View Single Post
Old 30th Nov 2014, 07:47
the.new.black

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
There is a lot of mention in the AIP SUPS for the new routes, Stars and Sids in to BN that the changes are due to the BN Dependent Runway Operations Concept of Operations - but I can not find any link to that anywhere? i.e. The Concept of Operations.

The only thing I have found is this mention in the ERSA:

http://www.airservicesaustralia.com/...3-Nov-2014.pdf

Extract:

2. DEPENDANT RUNWAY OPERATIONS (DROPS)

2.1 Dependant converging approaches may take place in VMC to RWY combination 19/14. In the application of dependant RWY OPS, RWY nomination conditions specified in AIP ENR 1.1.4.5 (Nomination of RWY) apply. MAX downwind/crosswind and headwind criteria also apply as described BLW. Dependant Runway Operations are not applicable for general aviation VFR ACFT.

2.2 In the event that the dependency criteria are not met, the ACFT on RWY 19 will be removed FM the PROC.
ATC instructions to terminate the PROC will usually consist of a left turn and a climb to A030. Pilots should monitor ATC FREQ carefully and respond promptly to any instructions.

2.3 CONDITIONS
a. Pilots will be advised of their participation via CATIS or directed INFO by 10NM.
b. MAX crosswind/headwind RWY 19/14 - 20KT.
c. MAX downwind/RWY 19/14 - 5KT.
So is this related to LAHSO? And if so, how could it relate to the risk reports that have been mentioned in Senate Estimates?