PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantaslink PH base closes. AD opens
View Single Post
Old 30th Nov 2014, 06:27
Hugh Jarse

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile Doesn't anyone learn from history?????

You people keep banging your heads against a brick wall, and all you're doing is hurting your heads.

i was on the integration committee WAY BACK in 2007 when both EAA and SA (not SSA) came to an agreement that would have met both pilot group's expectations.

The company knocked it back then, and, I believe has done so once more since.

I still remember the look on Snake's face when we told him we had made an in-principle agreement. It took him 3 weeks to come back to say they "couldn't do it". The company has NEVER had any intention of merging the pilot groups as long as they have the leverage to keep them bidding against each other industrially.

The same as those dumbarses that still, after over 20 years, believe that EAA/SA will get jets. These same people fell for the diversion that included a "jet rate" into the EBA. (Anyone with half a brain would know that this clause was only there to get Cobham to sharpen their pencils at contract renewal time). You don't have to worry about that now - Network is the new lever for jet ops, and will go head-to-head with Cobham now that they have an RPT licence.

And you still won't get jets!

Wake up to yourselves - forget the jets - work together and protect what you have. If it means giving the company a bloody nose, then so be it.

That's the only way to gain traction in your EBA. Stand up to them!

Punch them in the nose.

NB: For the FO's stalled on promotion - Ask your captains next time you fly with them why they persist on working days off? Every day worked on a day off is a promotion lost for you. I refused to work days off when I was there for that very reason.

And you FO's that work your days off - Wonder why your duty hours are so high? Wonder why you're so low on the seniority list? Because the company deliberately holds establishment numbers low, and counts on a number of you working days off.

Just think - those of you FO's facing possible redundancy may have sealed your fate by working days off. Nobody likes to see work colleagues made redundant, but seniority is king. By working your days off you may have prevented the company recruiting extra FO's if you had declined to work days off.

You guys really need to get organised. You need to keep the line of communication open between the 2 pilot councils (if it isn't already so) and agree to keep a baseline position with your EBA's. That way the company cannot continue to split the 2 groups in the way it has done for the last 20 years.

That will require determination. Determination that seems to be lacking.