PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Pro Ifr Vancouver
View Single Post
Old 29th Nov 2014, 22:24
JBI

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm afraid I have to disagree with the above. I've been very pleased with Pro and the staff. More than many other schools I've flown with, they are very focused on ensuring proficiency and safety. This is a positive factor in my opinion, though I imagine some would prefer to be 'cut loose' a little quicker.

I can't speak on any particular issues with regard to a recommend for a PPL, but I have not felt like they've been in it for the money. I did recurrent training with them and there are specific tolerances that must be met in the flight test. I didn't get cut loose until the tolerances were met. In my opinion, this is how it should be.

I do not know about instructor pay, but I've been very impressed with the group of instructors they have at the school. They've been professional, have had a good attitude and definitely appreciate the ability to progress and get multi-ifr time.

Like all schools, there are sometimes challenges with scheduling and communication, but overall I've had a very positive experience at Pro.