PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Criminal record
Thread: Criminal record
View Single Post
Old 29th Nov 2014, 20:48
Officer Kite

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Officer Kite - the advice you were offering was wrong, like a number of others. The OP needs the facts, not answers pulled from a lucky bag. All the information and criteria for airside passes are laid out in the DFT website. Definitions are available for Spent/Unspent convictions and disqualifying criteria are clearly listed, for all transport sectors. The process of obtaining a 'Basic' disclosure certificate takes about 10 days from completing online. As ive said already, going to the local Police Office or contacting the CAA is a waste of everyones time, it has nothing to do with them. I wasnt chewing your head off. I dont post on here often, but feel compelled to when I read a thread like this and realise some poor chap is being fed a load of duff gen by people who have no idea what the answer is.....armchair expert syndrome.
I'm sorry, but who the bloody hell do you think you are ?

Maybe you need to check the name of this website, it's called a "RUMOUR NETWORK", which more or less implies that people will try to help the best they can although it must be expected that some things will be incorrect. I can fully accept being wrong, nobody is perfect. Get off your high horse, honestly that has to be one of the most condescending posts I've seen in this section.