PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jet2 4
Thread: Jet2 4
View Single Post
Old 29th Nov 2014, 20:03
EK77WNCL

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Please no flaming down, just trying to start a discussion....

I was wondering, what with the success of LS' EWR flights is there any chance that they could do anything else with their 757's?

Mainly I was thinking, is there any way that the Pakistan government would allow them to pick up the LBA-ISB route with a few weekly 757's? Or even one of these dastardly A330's they may or may not get one day.

The other two possibilities I thought of are:
- Could they make 3/4 night shopping trips to Dubai work? Operating into DWC or SHJ?
- Could they strike up an agreement with Canadian affair (or do it in house) and restart Toronto flights from places like Newcastle and Leeds.

Some may think the lack of premium class/entertainment etc. Could be a stumbling block, but of the above mentioned I can't think of any where there would be REAL demand for premium, if people wanted premium service vs low cost and BoB etc. They could use another airport/airline.

Finally, I promise... What's next? Tunisia is back, could we see Egypt come back? Bulgaria seems to be a hole in their network, a gradual creep into Morocco and Iceland could work for them, I think the Greek islands still have a little more to give long term and some potential (quite specific) oddballs, Cape Verde, Lisbon, Madrid, Bilbao, Athens, Naples, Sicily, Istanbul, La Palma and the return of Valencia . I think Israel is gone for good.

Quite a wide range but some such as Bulgaria, Istanbul, Sicily, Madrid, Naples and Lisbon could be pretty much network wide hits, Valencia, La Palma and Bilbao would probably work from MAN, GLA, LBA possibly EMA and NCL, Cape Verde I can see being MAN, although GLA no longer has a service since TOM pulled and I'd like to see them offered from NCL but I don't know if the North East has enough high end potential customers.

And to bring back some past rumours:
- What's happening with the 737 700's they were looking at?
- 767's seem off the cards, A330's could be on
- Aberdeen and Liverpool bases?

And a personal question, how would Coventry work for them? I sense it would be foolish to ask about MME, with NCL and LBA in such close proximity I don't think they would be interested. Same with DSA and LBA/MAN

Anyway, I hope this may start some friendly discussion, please be open minded, I'm confident Jet2 and jet2 holidays have a bright future.