PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Barnstorming, Aero's , Mile High Club, Zero G, Cessna
Old 29th Nov 2014, 20:00
AN2 Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Always wanted to take out the seats of their baron and drop in a bed on a rack and join the club
I recall reading about an outfit in California which offered this in a Saratoga.

One of my fellow AN2 drivers told me that shortly after the fall of the wall there was an outfit in one of these states who got hold of a former government Bac 111 I believe it was and offered flights like that.

Some folks tried to outfit an AN2 like that but it never took off as SEP comercial flights were not allowed at the time. But there is a company in Poland which makes very nice interiors for AN2s and out of space and privacy concerns, with enough cash, it would appear to me to be the ideal airframe for something like that, it's also big enough for people to move in the cabin without major trim changes. Tad expensive but after all, a mile is not that high.

This is one of them.

Or one can rent one of the biz jets which have full size bedrooms. All a question hof much money one wants to spend for this kind of thing.

Zero G: relatively easy to do, however, to do it right, you need a padded cabin and crewmembers to help. There is an outfit which offers zero g flights in Russia I believe, there used to be a zero G Caravelle in France operated by ESA. There is the one owned by NASA it should also not be too busy.