PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - I want to fly Boeing 777 or 747
View Single Post
Old 29th Nov 2014, 10:08
SkyWagon737

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile I want to fly Boeing 777 or 747

Hello Guys;

I am brand new here and looking for some advice. I am currently working for a company and about to log 2000 hours in B737NG, total 3200 hours. The problem is I am not quite happy with the roster and the paycheck. By the end of year, I will be completed 950 hours + 16 hours simulator. This is our average flight ours during a year and compared to my basic 3600 Euro-monthly salary,you can understand my "happiness" and "fatigue". Because, my company is a low cost one, I do not think I would be happy to continue my career with short haul flights. I usually fly Europe, and domestic.

I can hear some of guys are going to say " Commence your job hunt ", but I have a big problem which confuses me very much. My company declared a list about upgrade program. According to that list, I have one more year to upgrade a captain seat.

I want to fly Boeing 777 or 747.

So, I have some questions :
1. Should I wait for one more year to be a captain? ( Base monthly salary 6300 Euros, but this will keep me in this company till 2018)
2. Should I go to Emirates, Ethiad, Qatar?
3. Should I go to Far East? ( I heard they do not like foreign first officers in Korea, Taiwan, Japan and etc. )

Any other suggestion would be highly appreciated.

Thanks for reading this post.