PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Norwegian lays off 60 pilots
View Single Post
Old 28th Nov 2014, 11:37
EdnaClouds

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
And would it be a fair assumption today and in years to come that not necessarily the best pilots remain in the industry but rather those that can put up with and accept the dwindling terms and conditions?

As previously mentioned by FBW, it has become economically unviable to become a pilot.

How many guys are happy on a sham self employed contract or a contract through an agency which almost doesn't seem to be worth the paper it is written on? I know its a difficult one as I include myself in one of these workers, and I appreciate how hard it is individually to make a change without the collective agreement of all pilots through a union or otherwise.

When will people realise in 20/30 years down the road that they don't have a decent pension, still no job security, mediocre pay, no health insurance etc etc, but are still willing to fly a shiny jet for a company that is ever posting more and more profits year on year.

Unfortunately it looks like this has become the norm the world over with ever more intricate ways of setting up the employment structure for air crew.