PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Barnstorming, Aero's , Mile High Club, Zero G, Cessna
Old 28th Nov 2014, 10:48
Fionn101

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Barnstorming, Aero's , Mile High Club, Zero G, Cessna

Good Morning from the Emerald Isle,

I am hoping to ask a question here to see to see if I have missed anything fun. And I need to draw on the collective wisdom here.

I setup a Day-trip type company to help fund my flying, instead of buying a car I bought a 16 seater Ford Transit and take people on aviation related days out across Ireland.

We have done heli tours, Hot air balloon rides , skydives , gliding , paragliding , air shows and a few fly-ins for a $100 hamburger.

which brings me to my latest endeavor, there is a large flying school in Dublin which has it's A.O.C. (ability to carry passenger for reward) and they have a lovely collection of C152 C172 and a C150 on Floats + a Multi engine.

I have arranged our first few scenic flights with this company , but aside from standard scenic flights I am wondering what else can we come up with, and I open this question out to the floor.

I myself would love nothing better than to land in a stretch of water for some lunch and photos. There are the 3 Arran islands we could go to but ideally I'm wondering "What would you do with a fleet of planes?"

I hope this conjures up some great ideas , but let's remember that there is Elf n Safety to consider.

some random musings:

There are a bunch of student pilots who have asked for Aero experience flights also. I'd say the pilot is keen too. Anyone know of what rule could stop 4 of us 1 plane ?

I have seen a few adverts for Dog fighting but I am not up to date on the software\ HUD side of things.

Always wanted to take out the seats of their baron and drop in a bed on a rack and join the club , I read before that a number of our forum used to drive these love planes ,would you mind telling me about the operation (bed rig , demographic etc)

let's not forget diving so fast that everything goes weightless, I of course have only read about this but it would sell tickets.

whatever ideas I have missed I look forward to hearing, I just like being in the air and this company affords a lot more time aloft.
Giving back to the G.A. community is most important and I'm not in this for a profit , I have already agreed fuel and instruction as my payment, to reduce costs all round.

I'm hoping some of our seasoned ageless pilots might shed some of their knowledge also @pzu @danny42c @marymeagher @fareastdriver

Thank you for reading this far, first beer is on me.
Fionn

Last edited by Fionn101; 28th Nov 2014 at 10:52. Reason: gross misconjugation