PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Merged: Senate Inquiry
View Single Post
Old 27th Nov 2014, 19:33
Kharon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smooth talker.

Wolf pack? circling? – don't know if that holds true any longer Sarcs. Reading through the QON, I get a feeling the circling is just about over. Actually, a better analogy may be of a pre game – Haka – the challenge before the battle. Those QON are 'distributed' among a team with, it seems to me, a clear game plan and a determination to win.

Although it's paper, not pig skin being used, you get the feeling of a Final, leading to a Grand final; with it all to play for. The volume and almost surgical precision of the QON, evenly divided amongst the backs and forwards, with clear lines of distribution make for an interesting contest. No doubt the foul count will mount in the rucks and nuts will be 'tickled' in the maul; but both sides know the rules and, although the Senate team may appear more elegant, never forget Rugby (as played in heaven) was essentially a game for young 'gentlemen', of a class which didn't get to rule half the world because it was overawed by a rough looking opposition.

OK, you dragged me in, I'll watch; and, read the Hansard – but only for love of the game well played mind you. I'll be using your bucket..

Selah.

Last edited by Kharon; 27th Nov 2014 at 20:02.