PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Truss: Aviation Safety Regulation Review
View Single Post
Old 27th Nov 2014, 18:39
Kharon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New snakes on old ladders.

Friday retrospective for Austral – Stasi:.......

The first mention of the IOS becoming the MaM was bruited by Brother Sarcs at post # 2390, last month – 'The Australian' ever faithful CASA handmaiden, published a touchy, feely, happy-clappy, semi religious, 'puff' piece of spin and waffle, probably drafted by some PR catamite working for the unspeakable master of spin, dribble and fractured fairy tales. Be in no doubt children; despite contrary rumours, manufactured to soothe, the AVM (Ret) is quite willing to be enmeshed in the toils of the status quo.

“I think initially for me it’s going to be waiting for the government’s response to the ASRR and seeing how that’s going to shape CASA into the future,’’ he said. “So I’m keen to see that, I look forward to getting that response.
It's clear from the above statement that it will the governments call on how CASA will be reformed and the DAS intends to 'toe the line', he even says how much he's looking forward to it. Now any fool in the market knows what the governments 'preference' for CASA is likely to be; and, that which the department 'allows', will become policy, fully supported by the DAS. Therefore, in the elegant words of the oracle – "You're rooted mate, good and proper".

Then, just to be sure the message is clearly understood, the IOS, Sandilands, Phelan, the Senate committee, the Rev. Forsyth, 64 polite recommendations, 10, 000 not so polite suggestions are neatly swept up and dumped into the great shredder of life, with the first half line:-

“Really in the regards to the rest, yes, I’ve heard murmurings and mumblings out there.
The rest of the line being used to state an irrelevant, self aggrandising fact, suggesting that as 'the pilot', he keeps "running into things".

Obviously, being a pilot myself you run into those type of things.
Not an auspicious beginning; the likes of the Boyd and the mysterious 'Phantom Board', like the crew of the Marie Celeste, seem to be mysteriously missing. One hears rumour of course; like:- "there is a board" and ""Skidmore's a doer" and "Mrdak is smiling, big time" and etc. The real proof is in fact, not fiction.

We have no wabbit proof fence, the 'executive and managerial levels are planning home extensions and taking up new loans in the certainty of continued employment during the upcoming financial downturn. New cars, plans for overseas trips, new type rating courses being booked at Flight Safety etc. In fact, it's high spirits and handshakes all around at Sleepy Hollow, seems things are looking up and the grim reaper turns out to be Mother Goose fooling around.

Not certain the Senators agree; but, no worries, the Murky Machiavellian and his clammy handed crew are at full throttle, in 'fix' mode. AOC and license cancellations may be despatched at 16:59 on Christmas eve; but the DCM's are even as we speak, on their way to the shredder. All that's missing is the fat lady, perhaps she has been delayed at the seriously underestimated Senate committee tea party. Let's hope so..

Toot toot.

Last edited by Kharon; 27th Nov 2014 at 18:52. Reason: Ducked it up, that's why - Ok