PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - G day workers
Thread: G day workers
View Single Post
Old 26th Nov 2014, 11:23
Sam Ting Wong

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
At that time Peach just more or less started to operate, total numbers of pilots 58..

As far as I remember Qatar grounded 787 because of tech reasons, I don't recall any serious ops interuptions because of lack of pilots.

But ok, accepted.

It actually proves my point, since neither Peach nor Qatar is offering an attractive package today. So either pay was or is not the issue, or higher pay would be costlier than ops interruptions.

My main argument is that it doesn't matter to our pay discussion now. If you are right and Cathay is facing a crew shortage in the future, and it would be a shortage because of people leaving/not applying because of inferior pay, then management could raise the package with a key stroke.

It is irrelevant to us now.

It is further irrelevant how some of us judge the recruitment policy in general, quality of SO etc. All that matters is if enough applicants, suitable in regard of the companys profile, get attracted. And if if they don't get enough new pilots, it doesn't mean an automatic pay rise. It just don't.

Sadly, it is also irrelevant what we wish for, NG, although I personally agree with your assessment and sentiment.

Last edited by Sam Ting Wong; 26th Nov 2014 at 11:36.