PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - G day workers
Thread: G day workers
View Single Post
Old 26th Nov 2014, 09:24
Sam Ting Wong

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Again, I would challenge your claim by asking you for some factual data.

Do you really think any airline in the world would order aircraft worth billions without planning ahead the corresponding crew to fly them? Seriously?

Name me one example, any proper airline in the world, in the history if civil aviation, that prolonged grounded aircraft due to lack of crew. One.

It is distracting and unhelpful to waste energy judging our management and regarding them as retards. Firstly because I think they are not, and secondly because even if they were it would be irrelevant to our pay discussion.

Let's assume for the sake of your argument that Cathay has indeed miscalculated crew numbers, forgot about retirement, expansion needs, fat fingers hitting the wrong key on a calculator etc.

All that would happen is a slower or no expansion, deferrement of orders,the infamous lost opportunities.

What does this scenario has to do with our pay deal? Nothing.

Or,are you saying you fight for a better pay deal because you are afraid of Cathay not attracting enough pilots in the future?

That doesn't make any sense either.

If pay would be a problem regarding recruitment, they could increase the package anytime.

So, again, what has that to do with our current negotiations?

Last edited by Sam Ting Wong; 26th Nov 2014 at 09:35.