PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - G day workers
Thread: G day workers
View Single Post
Old 26th Nov 2014, 07:19
Sam Ting Wong

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BC, thanks for engaging with some interesting numbers. I really appreciate it.

So,let's assume 2-3 G's per day.

I agree with the theoretical severe impact of a possible flight cancellation. Whether that would happen in CC is unclear though, as you said.I personally highly doubt it, but I admit I have no proof for that. But neither have you or anybody else.

If it is only about overtime, clearly 2-3 G's a day won't create a cost problem worth mentioning for the company. We are talking 0.00something %...

Anyway,it would be very easy for the company to increase staff numbers by a handful, it probably long happened.

I think we agree that attrition is something that since I can remember only is "about to happen", but actually never does. The actual figures are just too low to make an impact.The Americans don't leave, as the most of of the MAN or CDG guys have eventually remained putt.

I really do not see a logical correlation between pay and staff numbers, it is totally irrelevant to our pay debate!

Much ( and dangerous) ado about nothing.

If you want to fight, fine. But you need more firepower. Unless you come up with some new ideas I am not impressed.