PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Direct Entry Pilots for KQ
View Single Post
Old 26th Nov 2014, 05:04
254HEAVY

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Intersting

Over last week, this is what I found about K.A Direct Entry Pilot Program.

There are 2 intakes in a year. 1 in Jan and the other in June/July. The whole process from interview to LHS can take up to 12 months or more. Depend on the company needs.

If you trained in Kenya the odds for you to get the gig are very limited as the carrier doesn’t have faith with the quality of training in Kenya. However they encourage you to apply because their process is “true and fair”.

If you trained in S.A the odds are 50-50 depending on the institution you trained. However the carrier encourages you to apply because their process is “true and fair”.

If you trained in Europe, USA or Australia the odds are in your favour even if you may not be a good pilot.

K.A are very strict on the K.C.S.E grades marks they need for DEC. If you fall short on any of the marks they need, it’s a NO for you. The only way to bypass it is if you have >2700 TT. You can also bypass the aptitude test if you have >3600TT (Must have some serious time on Multies if not Jet)

The pay during training as a S.O is not good. Gets better after promoted to F.O. Promotion between S.O to F.O can take up to 12 months. Depends on how good the pilot is with his rudder and stick skills and the company.

Seniority is per date you joined the company and total hours at the time. You must have an ATPL and at least 3000 hours before you can be promoted to captain- E-jet. Some pilots have made it to captain in less than 5 yrs.

Disclaimer: The information i got was from a third party. A former pilot for the carrier. I do not know how accurate the information is. I stand to be corrected.