PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - DUBLIN - 2
Thread: DUBLIN - 2
View Single Post
Old 25th Nov 2014, 14:23
Jamie2k9

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yeah, I understand EI are being asked/pushed/whatever to use the B pier again for european flights in S15. This is throughout the day, I mean. I know they use them for first wave departures and last wave arrivals.

Has to do with the Ethiopia, extra EI long haul and the above mentioned American aircraft for next summer.

Anyone remember O'Leary's 'white elephant' comment? So what if it was quiet and spacious at times. We don't all want to be squeezed in like sardines like T1 in 2006.
It won't really affect many. Most used B up until 13.00 anyway. Only a few in E.

They will probably lose 2 stands with the ET arrival/departure. EI will probably arrive on E and be moved off stand to B for the morning or moved back to E between 06.30 and 07.30 before the EY arrival takes the stand which is usually 10-15 late arriving anyway. What we have next summer is DL to ALT in and out between 06.30-08.40 which will help. CLT 332 shouldn't cause much bother either giving the times. Once the 12.55 departures to EWR goes the rest of US flights board downstairs. I'm sure AA improving punctuality would be a great help to! Not much chance of that happening.