PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin Atlantic recruitment?
View Single Post
Old 25th Nov 2014, 12:00
juniour jetset

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi All,

I'm happy to talk a bit about my experience, but won't divulge too much about the actual CTC tests in respect to them kindly asking us not too.

I applied for the Virgin programme on 1st Nov.
Got a pass to the next stage on the 11th Nov.
Had my CTC selection day on 21st Nov.
Failed to progress email 24th Nov

Me- 38 years old. GCSEs, A-levels, BSc Degree and professional diploma. Various job and life experiences. 15 hours flying- couple of as solo. Always had a dream of being an airline pilot since I was a kid.

I found the CTC day a very good experience all in all. Obviously no one want's to pay the £245 fee, but they have considerable costs I'm sure and they also need to have a filter for the time wasters.

Of interest, the age spread on my day was 17 to 43. But average was probably mid 20s.

CTC - lovely settings with very friendly and professional staff who make you feel very welcome and do their very best at settling your nerves. Good refreshments and lunch spread.

Also got to spend a couple of hours throughout the day speaking with several (younger) first officers from Virgin who are already living the dream. These guys will be some of the mentors to the lucky 12. Definitely take the opportunity to chat and learn from them.

I passed the numeracy, pilpat and group exercises but came short in the interview. If I can pass on one piece of advice that may help others - it would be think in terms of CRM - crew resource management - I feel this is a BIG part of what they are looking for in people who they will put forward to Virgin as potentials.

Despite 300 quid out of pocket after extra costs etc. I still feel it was a positive thing with lots to take away, whether it be for future pilot interviews or interviews in other industries. I have grown as a person because of it and learnt more about myself and how I act under pressure.

Hope my insight helps others.