PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MANCHESTER 1
Thread: MANCHESTER 1
View Single Post
Old 25th Nov 2014, 11:15
Shed-on-a-Pole

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Skipness - I admire your continuing loyal advocacy of the LHR transfer experience, but you are again pointing out only the upside … the superior cabins on the AAL B777 fleet. Let me remind you of the rest. The MAN-originating passenger must first take a domestic shuttle to LHR, a service with an elevated risk of cancellation whenever the slightest problem affects runway usage rates down there. If they're lucky on that count, disembarkation sees them join the queue for the famously slow and surly LHR security search experience, which takes no account of the fact they've just alighted from a flight already security screened to the highest standards. If they intended mischief, they've just passed up their chance! Negotiate all this and there just remains the small matter of transferring T5 to T3. Might that involve a bus, I wonder? Then they can enjoy use of a lounge if they've got any minutes left to spare.

If everything goes to plan and they reach the gate in time, they can then enjoy the slightly better cabin aboard the B777. Which is crewed by staff trained to exactly the same standard as those crewing AAL55 and AAL211. Well, they are the same people after all.

Alternatively, they could just book AAL54/55 or AAL210/211. No transfer at LHR required. Significantly quicker journey. One security search instead of two. Maybe 5 minutes on an airport bus (it's a tough life). I just hope that these pointy-end jetsetters who choose the stressful detour instead aren't entrusted with any really important decisions during the course of their work!

Last edited by Shed-on-a-Pole; 25th Nov 2014 at 13:24.