PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Contract Compliance
View Single Post
Old 25th Nov 2014, 10:00
VR-HFX

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts
A wise cartoon character named Homer Simpson once declared, “here’s to alcohol: the cause of, and solution to, all of life’s problems!” Now Homer may not be entirely accurate, but the early modern English saw alcohol as a cause of, and a solution to, a surprising number of their problems.

Beer..so much more than just a breakfast drink."Would love to help put just poured a San Mig on my corn flakes." Simple really...and not in the slightest bit offensive. CC have been taught that we are all alcoholics...why destroy their inbred belief system.

Whilst we all love flying, it is vitally important to have a hobby or a cause that takes your mind off CX the moment you step off the a/c. Let's face it Air Asia hasn't killed anyone yet and while not one of their ex-captains has managed to pass the JCAB tests in Japan.

My favourite captain in the early days on the 1011 was a guy called GR. No-one knew him. No-one had an opinion about him. He was totally proficient and a great teacher. I was blessed to fly with him regularly. His holy grail was sailing. His advice which I adhere to to this day..."have a hobby or a cause that is nothing to do with aviation".

GR dabbled in the C&T section for a while but realised all those involved had only one channel in life...flying. He soon left back to the line to dispense his immense skills to anyone who sought advice. And so it is today that most of the proper training in this company is done by the GR's of today.

PS: I think you will find that most who have been in the company for 20 years or more has been in CC mode for at least a decade.

FWIW

Last edited by VR-HFX; 26th Nov 2014 at 00:12.